Wednesday, October 01, 2008

September 30, 2008

Happy Fall, Y'all ...
Well, autumn is here and is all over our front lawn! Along with Austin's help, I raked the leaves up into a nice big pile and then ... there were two kiddaroos jumping in them and throwing them all over!
Melissa is enjoying her "leaf bed" ...

Austin, doing the mandatory "run and slide" into the pile ...

It was getting dark, so I needed to put the flash on, but it took away from the colors. Austin didn't like the fact that he had to look up (and that pizza on his face! - doesn't his mother know better?)/

That one pile of leaves may not look big, but Austin and I shoveled the leaves into 5 lawn garbage bags! It was actually dark out when we finally finished ... I believe Austin said that he wanted to do this every year! Oh, and he wants $35 because he feels that it was a big job ... what he doesn't know is that it's part of his chores! :)

2 comments:

Jon said...

Ah the joys of fall! We have a few more weeks before the leaves really start changing and falling, though they have just started already. Once that happens, we'll have PLENTY to spare!

Jerry and Maaret said...

oh, I LOVE FALL!!! I think it's my favorite season :) Too bad it only lasts 2 weeks up here. I had a dream about you last night ;) You were here and we were just hanging out and laughing. sigh. Anyhoo... i better go do the dishes. love you!