Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 11, 2008

*OUCH!*

Well, Melissa decided to show the brick wall in her room some moves. I must admit, the wall was not impressed at all. Of course, after talking with the on-call doctor on base, we decided that, just to make sure, I should take Melissa down to the hospital in town (none on base) to get it x-rayed.
Seeing as we have only been in this area for 3 months, I was a little unsure on the location of the hospital, but we found it! The term "local talent" will be coming out in my vocabulary when I describe the hospital. I gather it is a working hospital due to the UND medical program - the nurses and doctor were actually very nice, but the reception staff and intake nurse were a little on the "local talent" side. Oh, and one must not forget the convict that was shackled and handcuffed with two armed guards with him. True, convicts do need to go to the hospital from time to time, and we were so fortunate as to witness that (place sarcastic grin here).

In the end, Melissa's knuckle had a contusion on it - no break. *whew*! I believe Melissa's words to her brother were ... "Austin. Don't ever do this." What more can I say? Jacob is missing out ... :|

Oh, and one must pronounce 'karate' like this ... "care-ah-tae". Melissa = Sandy from SpongeBob ...

2 comments:

Jon said...

Ouch!

Brick wall 1
Melissa 0

So Tina I thought about you today at the Kent State homecoming parade. The second-to-last entry was the KSU anti-war committee and they were chanting "support our troops! Bring them home!" I was wondering how you would've handled that...

I rolled my eyes gave and them a few "booooooooooo"s from the sidewalk.

Jerry and Maaret said...

ooohhh... that looks really painful! Poor Melissa... looks like it will be sore for a while :(
Anyhoo... glad to hear you got a nice sampling of Local Talent- ND if full of local talent! I miss you! So far my only friend here is my sister...
Love,
Maaret