Friday, October 24, 2008

October 23, 2008

Reebs & KC
(here is a pic of Kelly & Reba)

Last night, Melissa and I went to the "2 worlds, 2 voices" concert starring Reba McIntyre and Kelly Clarkson! It was Melissa's first big concert - for me, it's been awhile since I've been to one ... I think 'Air Supply' was the last concert I attended (am I dating myself too much here?!).(the Ralph Engelstad Arena ... home of the Fighting Sioux! woo hoo!)
(the stage is set for the concert)

Along with Melissa's best bud, MacKenzie and her mother, Kim, we all headed out for a night of fun and laughter at the Ralph Engelstad Areana, which is right in downtown Grand Forks. The night started off with a comedy sketch from someone named "Barbara Jean" - I guess she was on the Reba show. During her routine, Kim and I would be laughing so hard ... I would look over at Melissa and MacKenzie and they would be just sitting there, not getting the jokes ... it was hilarious!
(Melissa & MacKenzie, enjoying the show)

The concert was really good - it was interesting for me, as I don't really know any Reba songs, to hear her and Kelly sing together. I guess Reba & Kelly are really close friends outside of the concert venue. One of the songs they sang together (a Reba song) was "Cathy's Clown" ... I somewhat know this song, and it turned out that Reba, also, only somewhat knew the song. Poor thing, she blooped some of the words - it was sweet to see how a seasoned professional dealt with a little blunder on stage. Reba was great about the whole thing - laugh at yourself and the whole audience laughs with you! :)(the awesome Kelly)
(the funny Reba)

After the concert, we went to check out the t-shirts and other concert paraphernalia. The t-shirts were $30 each and I didn't have that much cash on me. Poor Melissa ... she doesn't have a t-shirt to commemorate her first big concert ... or does she? On our way to the car, a man (who I can only say resembled a 'scalper') approached us with t-shirts for $20 each. Sold! So, Melissa has her first concert t-shirt and all is right with the world (except, maybe, for the presidential election - don't get me started!) :)

1 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

that's flippin' SWEET!!!! What an awesome concert! Barbara Jean is hilarious- the "Reba" show is really very funny. Man, I would have loved to go with you!