Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 4, 2008

Fa-la-la-la Program

I am posting a little out of order ... so sorry! I am on a roll tonight! WOO HOO!

It's that time of year for the Christmas programs! Yeah!

The theme for Austin's big performance was "Holidays in America" and I must say that this was by far the best program either of our kids have ever been in. The children knew all of the songs really well and you can tell they were very excited to sing them.

Austin's favorite song was "The Ever-lasting Fruitcake" ... he had a speaking part and right before he was to say it, my batteries died :( and I didn't get a chance to record it. I know, bummer!

Austin is getting excited to sing his favorite song ...

















Here is Austin's big moment ... right before he says his part ... I take a pic and go to record and ... *bleep bleep bleep* my camera beeps at me and demands that I change it's battery. :( poor Austin ...

















This song (I forget the name) was sung to those parents who are deployed and other family members who are away from the children at Christmastime. A few parents were a little on the sniff sniff, boo hoo side - really touching stuff!

















After the program, we were fooling around and taking pics ... the famous 'bunny ears' never cease to make him laugh. I see we are so awesome that the man behind us is totally videoing us! Make sure you watch the new movies coming out because you never know who you'll see! :) muah ha ha ha

















Here is a snippet of the song, "The Ever-lasting Fruitcake" ... please enjoy more than you would a fruitcake, unless you like that sort of thing! :)

1 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

i love how kids get so excited to perform for mom & dad! maggie's class did a short little singing program for thanksgiving and it was the cutest :)