Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cub Scout Day Camp

August 13-17, 2007


WE ARE WOLVES AND WE HOWL ... OWWWWWW!


What a whirlwind week we had at camp! Austin (a Wolf this year) had a super-duper time with all of the activities. Austin really enjoyed learning how to shoot a BB gun (I joined in and *shock* loved it) and the archery range was another favorite. Crafts, Scout Skills, Den Activities, Science and Nature and Sports were also among the menu for each day. (Check to see if you can pick out the snake Austin painted)

During the week, I was a "walk along" leader and was able to watch Austin at all of his stations. It really was a blessing that I was able to go. Poor Melissa had to stay home and sleep in late and call her friends and instant message her friends and shop with her friends ... I think she had a relatively good time! ;)

Austin and I had some iffy weather and a few days it rained (surprised, right?) and the wind was a whipping at times - enough to blow over a few of the tents!

It was a long week, though, because of all of the constant activities! When we came home at the end of each day, I was completely knackered (my new favorite word)!

On Friday, we were signed-up for the camp out but learning that we are moving next week kind of put me in packing mode!


0 comments: