Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23, 2009

It's frozy out there!

Yesterday was the first big frosty frozy day (so far ... haha) and I just LOVE it when it's frosty outside. It's times like this that I would really love to have a super awesome Ansel Adams camera. I was tempted to go out and brave the cold, but I had visiting teaching to do so I just took a couple of shots from around our house. Enjoy!

ON A SIDE NOTE: May I just state my "pet peeve" or "niggle" regarding people who live in base housing. Okay, so I noticed the drain in one of the bathtubs wasn't draining right. (MIND YOU, we have only been here 2 months). Jacob pulled a bunch (the picture doesn't do it any justice) and I mean A BUNCH of clogged hair from the drain and that hair just isn't my shade or length, thank you very much. It looks like hair has been piling up for quite a few months upon months. CLEAN OUT YOUR DRAIN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PEOPLE. Okay, in the defense of the people-who-lived-here-before-us, they may have not known about it but for pete's sake, the drain wasn't working! I'm betting my bottom dollar that it was just one of those "we don't have to worry about it because we're moving" kind of situations. All I'm saying is "ew, gross". Thanks for listening. I feel better. ;)

4 comments:

Jon said...

All the pictures before the last one are awesome (last one...NASTY!)! As cold as winter can get, there is something about it that can just be stunning when things get covered in snow and ice (provided you can just look at it from or near a warm house!) =) Thanks for sharing!

Roberta said...

KRIS!!! I saw your post on myspace and loooove that you have a blog. I have one too. Can't wait to read and catch up on you guys.

http://dreamsandstories.blogspot.com/

Roberta Archer

The Wolfley Family said...

Hey Tina! Glad you found me! We haven't been at Hill in forever. We've actually been a couple places since then -- but we have ended up in Idaho. Send me an email and we'll catch up. wolfleys@msn.com.

Your kids are getting so grown up!

Jerry and Maaret said...

oh, the frozy world is beautiful, no?? and, yeah, the drain... GROSS!!!