Thursday, November 27, 2008

November 25, 2008

It's great to be 9!

Here is the Birthday Boy, waiting patiently to open his gifts ...

Austin celebrated his big 9 year birthday today! WOO HOO! The poor kid had to go to school ... awww - I know we all feel so bad for him! :) He received a call before school from Grandma Jackie, which perked him right up! I made some dirt cake (his favorite) and brought it to his class ... there was much love and praise for me. It's amazing what a little crushed cookie and pudding does to a child! :)

Austin opened his gifts after supper (he loves pork, so I made him his favorite kind) and received a new Guitar Hero (for the Wii), some Guitar Hero pjs, an Aerosmith t-shirt (he was thrilled! no, really - he was!), a nerf blaster-thing, some Bakugan things (for the lack of a better word) and Lego Batman.

Austin, doing the "yes" gesture at opening his Guitar Hero game ...

Checking out the sights of the nerf-thing ...
Aunt Shelly, Nana and Aunt Pam and the cousins rounded off the evening with some well wishes via the phone.

Austin & Melissa with his gifts ... ;)

Melissa, trying to open Guitar Hero with her teeth ... she was as excited as he was!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Wow 9 years old already! Where has the time gone?!? I was just realizing the other day it's been 5 years since I got home from my mission. So yeah, when I first met Austin he was 3 soon to be 4. Yikes!

I love how thrilled Melissa always looks in her pictures. She's starting to remind me of Anna "you're ruining my life" from Freaky Friday. =)

Jerry and Maaret said...

awww... birthdays are great! Wahoo for Wii games!!