Friday, August 29, 2008

UND Football Game

Go Fighting Sioux!

It was Military Appreciation Night at our wonderful local university. It also happens to be the university I am registered with so we decided to attend last night's game against Texas A&M.

There was face painting, balloon twisting and bouncy castles galore! Hamburgers and hot dogs for supper - Jacob really like the baked beans (go figure!).

The Alerus Center - where it was happening!

The stadium was packed! Tons of people showed up. I looked online and it appears that the stadium holds 21,000 people!

Austin & I, enjoying the game!

The family, getting seated and ready for the game to start! (or to have Jacob stop teasing - and you thought it was only me that teased them!). Melissa looks so thrilled ... :)

We all had a really great time - Melissa and I have sore throats and our hands are swollen from all of the clapping! We did leave after the half-time performance ... it was 8:45 and the kids had school the next day. Next time we go, we will stay the entire time. Austin listened to the game in bed and it turns out, the Fighting Sioux won, 40-14! Go Fighting Sioux! :)

2 comments:

Jon said...

I was just gonna say "Melissa looks thrilled" but you beat me to it! That stadium looks like a nicer and more modern version of the football stadium at Idaho State in Pocatello. Glad you had fun! Kent State plays at Cleveland Browns Stadium tomorrow, so I'm going to head up to that. Never seen a game at that stadium yet! Hope you are all doing well! Miss you!

Jon said...

OOOOOOH OK...UND played Texas A&M-Kingsville. I was gonna say...they got Big XII Texas A&M to come to I-AA North Dakota?!? Makes more sense now! I did read it was the 10th largest crowd in the stadium's history AND you guys won 40-14!