Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter 7


Last Chapter First?

So, I just bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (happy birthday to me!) and the question is ... should I read the last chapter/page first? The temptation is great ... I was the first person in line to buy the book - the way it came about was interesting.

I went to the bookstore here on base to see if they were staying open to sell the book. Rachel, a worker, said that they were going to be open until 2:00am and that the people who go and see the movie (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)get a guaranteed copy of the book. Well, seeing as I didn't really relish the thought of staying in line for that long, I thought that watching the movie again (for the 3rd time) would at least be not such a waste of time. Then the rumors started. Only the advanced ticket holders (which I was not) could get the book. So I walked to the bookstore and asked. Rachel said that the story had changed - that no movie-goers will get guaranteed copies. Well, I just decided that I'd watch the movie for a bit, then walk over to the bookstore. I happened to mention to the manager the story (to let the others know we weren't guaranteed the book) and it turns out he went over to the bookstore and caused a bit of a "ruckus".

In the end, we got our advanced copies and I am now staring at the book, wondering which end is first. I've tried calling my sister Shelly (she would have me read the ending) and I can't get through to her. I am now calling my sister Pam to see what she says. Hmmmm ... the anticipation is killing me! ;)

2 comments:

Jennifer and Wes said...

Don't do it! Don't read the end first!!
If you were supposed to do that, the last chapter would be the first. ;)
hugs and happy reading!

Anonymous said...

UGH!!! How could you think such a thing!? That would spoil it! I finished it on Sat. And once you're done, I'd loved to hear what you thought. By the way, what did you think about the movie? I was somewhat disapointed. But I re-read the book shortly before going to see it, so I think my expectations were too high.... Anyway, have a great read! Hope to hear from you soon! ~ Ang