Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Fond Farewell

So long, Sandy


It is nearing the time to say "so long" to our friend, Sandy. Maaret arranged a surprise luncheon for Sandy at her fav place to eat, Charlie Chan's, in Cambridge. It was a nice day out, even with the whole 'take-the-kids-to-pizza-hut-quick-and-have-them-scarf-down-a-personal-pan-pizza-
really-quick-so-we-can-get-back-to-the-party-across-the-street'.


Whilst I was enjoying some yummy spring rolls, the food of the day was dim sum. I thought dim sum was like a meatball, but the dim sum enjoyed by our friends was similar to a bit of BBQ pork in a sweet bread. I, unlike my compadras, did not care too much for the dim sum ... kind of ended up like a 'dum sum', if you ask me. Of course, my kiddaroos had to try some of the dim sum - I only made them eat the bread part - and they gave it a big "2 thumbs down" with a bit of "ick" thrown in for good measure. Josh had the - dare I say it - chicken feet. Yes, chicken feet. He seemed to enjoy the skin, I mean feet, very well. Of course, pictures were taken of the "podacious" (ha ha, get it?) event!


Oh - and the critique for the restaraunt is this: I don't know if I will be going back again anytime soon. I was really turned off by the guy smoking behind us. It was a small place and it was kind of stinky. He must have graduated from P.U. I thought most places here in England banned smoking in public restaraunts. I guess I was wrong, again!

1 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

aaawwww... those were the days, eh? I will miss you terribly while i'm away... take lots of pics... i wanna stay in "the club". Update your blog so i can be part of the action.... love ya mean it.
Mar